[XML-SIG] SAX Namespaces

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:01:10 -0500

Ken MacLeod wrote:

> I would vote for the DOM-passing interface as the primary promoted
> interface, as long as I knew there were "performance interfaces"
> available for those that realy need the performance.

I see this as a future direction also. I tried to get pulldom into the
distribution for this reason but haven't got much feedback one way or
another. For now, pulldom remains an undocumented implementation detail
of minidom.

Nevertheless, we can't avoid the job of designing the performance
interfaces and that's what we're trying to do with all of this SAX
debate.

You reminded me though, that at one time I had a plan to build DOM
objects write in a C library like PyExpat and bypass SAX altogether. I
think I'd rather not do that if SAX can be made fast enough.

"Computer Associates is expected to come in with better than expected
earnings." Bob O'Brien, quoted in
	- http://www.fool.com/news/2000/foth000316.htm