[XML-SIG] SAX Namespaces

tpassin@home.com tpassin@home.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 23:13:57 -0400

Paul Prescod wrote -

> tpassin@home.com wrote:
> > Paul, is this concrete enough?  :-) Have at it, blast away.
>
> Could you describe the signature for a SAX startElement under you plan?
> --

OK, see below.

 There was also this post:

> Paul listed four alternatives (the fifth seems to be identical with
> #4). Here is my, slightly modified, version of that list. The qname or
> prefix discussion we can leave for later, since it is really
> orthogonal to the name representation issue.
>
>   #1. def startElement( self, (uri, name), qname, attrs ):
>       When namespace processing is off, (uri, name) is just the raw
>       name instead.

My suggestion was really the same as this #1 (qname
=rawname=prefix:localname).  I was just trying to give more support for it.

But what should be the value of "uri" when there is no prefix (but
namespaces are in use)?  It could be either None or an empty string.  I
recommend "None" because the XPath Rec says that the uri is null if there is
no prefix.

Cheers,

Tom Passin