[XML-SIG] auto-support for PyXML

Rob W. W. Hooft rob@hooft.net
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:13:41 +0200 (CEST)

 GS> I just posted to the Patch Manager regarding patch #100705
 GS> ("Supporting PyXML"). I think that messing with __path__ is the
 GS> wrong approach and can lead to problems down the road.

 GS> A couple weeks ago, I posted an alternative. You can view that
 GS> at:

 GS>     http://www.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2000-June/004512.html

I was very surprised that this did not get any response. I am very positive
about your idea. It looks very clean, since it leaves all the real work to
the "extra" package (which can be more easily replaced).

I don't think the __init__ file should import many real modules: we could
think of an approach with stub modules that auto-load themselves on
invocation.

Rob

--
=====   rob@hooft.net          http://www.hooft.net/people/rob/  =====