[XML-SIG] Zope and DOM

Rob W. W. Hooft rob@hooft.net
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:41:09 +0200 (CEST)

 >> : Right -- XMLDocument does this. It parses the XML into a
 >> DOM-like tree, : storing the XML nodes as objects in the
 >> database. You still get an XML : view on it, but it's actually all
 >> objects.

 MO> This is the old XMLDOcument prototype.  We are adding this as a
 MO> feature to the new prototype.  Unlike Amos's implementation, we
 MO> hope to give the user a very wide range of flexibility over what
 MO> portions of the document are converted to objects, and which are
 MO> stored as attributes on objects.  We have a bit of hashing out to
 MO> yet but hope to have something useful out in a week or two....

I'll be waiting for this, as currently a 37kB XBEL file which I read
into Zope using XMLDocument (actually a Zsubclass [or is that
subZclass?]  XBELDocument that I wrote) turned into a 550kB ZODB.... I
guess with the power you are describing here that can be made a lot
more efficient.

Rob

--
=====   rob@hooft.net          http://www.hooft.net/people/rob/  =====