[XML-SIG] Python 1.6 XML APIs

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 01:58:50 -0400 (EDT)

tpassin@home.com writes:
 > I'm basically in favor both of his proposals and his reasoning behnd them.
 > They sound like the kind of thing I'd want to use myself.  But I'm a little
 > concerned that this might be rushing a bit too much, to get two pretty new
 > systems into a new distribution in such a short time.  Especially the new
 > API.  How could they get enough exposure and testing in time?

  My biggest concern lies in the potential bugginess of the
implementation; I expect Paul knows more about XML & actually applying
it than most of us (though possibly not all), and has sufficient
experience that he can craft a solid API.  If the code he's talking
about is stuff that he's been using a while, I expect its well tested
in practice.
  On the other hand, getting anything new documented in time will be
difficult!  ;)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>