[XML-SIG] repost: getElementsByTagName interpretation

Uche Ogbuji uogbuji@fourthought.com
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 09:48:57 -0600

> [I tried posting this message yesterday but somehow it didn't appear on
> the list -- did anyone receive it? Here I'll try again.]
>
> Hi there,
>
> Is there any official Python DOM policy on implementing getElementsByTagName()?
> According to the official DOM spec (and the level 2 proposed recommendation),
> getElementsByTagName() is supposed to return a live NodeList.
>
> Studying the 4DOM however, it looks like the NodeList returned by
> getElementsByTagName is *not* live.

We are considering adding liveness once we finish implementing Level 2
mutation events, but I'm concerned about performance.  We'll probably do so
anyway for compliance.

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com               +01 303 583 9900 x 101