[XML-SIG] Contents of xmlcore?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 23:42:00 -0400 (EDT)

A.M. Kuchling writes:
 > We need to decide what will go into the xmlcore package in Python 1.6.
 > SAX, yes; what else?  pulldom?  The choice needs to be finalized as
 > soon as possible in order to stand a chance of getting things checked

  Based on the recent mess regarding the DOM API, I'm not inclined to
include a DOM-like API until we have a specification for the Python
DOM API.  I won't have time to write one before 1.6 is done.  ;(

 > Would an IRC session on Wednesday let us settle the question faster
 > than through e-mail?

  No, because not everyone has a clue as to how to operate a chat
program these days.  I haven't used IRC since the "I" was added!
(What?  You don't remember BitNet?)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>