[[XML-SIG] Installation problem]

Dave Costa davecosta@netscape.net
28 Jun 00 06:27:31 PDT

Hemangee,

If you do not have the distutils package installed, I suggest you install=
 that
first, the PyXML install was much smoother with it.

   http://www.python.org/sigs/distutils-sig/

Also, even if you do have distutils installed, you may have trouble getti=
ng
the C extensions to compile.  I have tried it on Windows 98 with Borland =
C++
(simply doesn't work) and NT Workstations with MS Visual Studio (gives a =
link
error because it is looking for a file in the wrong place, as far as I ca=
tell).

Even when using the "install_lib" option, which is supposed to only insta=
ll
the pure-Python pieces, the same problem occurs.

Supposedly, there is a precompiled version for Windows, but I have not fo=
und
it.  Does anyone on the list know where it is?

"Hemangee" <hemangee@pspl.co.in> wrote:
Hello,

I tried installing the PyXML-0.5.4 on my Windows NT workstation

When i run the command
python setup.py build

it gives many errors like functions not found....etc
and does not install the same
What should I do ?
Or have i downloaded a wrong installable ?
In that case please suggest one.

Thanks,
Hemangee.