[XML-SIG] Reconsidering the DOM API

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:12:38 -0700

> I like it for syntatic sugar as well, but namespaces would make the
> attribute access interesting ...

> Also, for childNode access would we do anything about node types?  is
> b[0] the first child, first element, first elment with a certain
> tagname?  All I see as useful....

Once we go down this path we end up reinventing XPath. That's why my
EventDOM depends on it so heavily.

XPath in Python 1.7!

DOM in Python 1.6. :)

The calculus and the rich body of mathematical analysis to which it
gave rise made modern science possible, but it was the algorithm that
made the modern world possible.
	- The Advent of the Algorithm (pending), by David Berlinski