[XML-SIG] Ugh! Why are DOM access methods spelled with a leading '_'?

Uche Ogbuji uogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:07:44 -0600

> [1] The only clash which can't be fixed by escaping the IDL
>     identifiers with an underscore is the interface named "Range" in
>     module "range". This is really a problem for the W3C to fix, but
>     it would be easy enough to relax the name scoping rules to allow
>     range::Range to pass the IDL compiler.

Ah, that would be why we never experienced it.  We don't implement range, and
I'm wondering if we'll ever be able to.  I used to think ranges were useless
except in browsers, but XPointer uses ranges, so we're still wondering what to
do about this.  The thought of implementing ranges makes my hair stand on end.

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com               +01 303 583 9900 x 101