[XML-SIG] Pyxie

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 06:47:27 -0700

Patrick Phalen wrote:

> * Based on James Clark's ESIS -compatible parsers, sgmls and nsgmls.

There's your problem right there. These parsers are slow and large
compared to expat.

> In other words, Pyxie has a lot going for it, both as a marketing
> vehicle for Python as an XML language and as a great tool. It
> certainly seems to deserve a place beside the other weapons in the
> arsenal.

I agree, that's why I proposed it should be in the XML-SIG's package
along with Sean's RAX.

Perhaps you can post some examples of things that are substantially
easier with Pyxie than with the DOM.

The calculus and the rich body of mathematical analysis to which it
gave rise made modern science possible, but it was the algorithm that
made the modern world possible.
	- The Advent of the Algorithm (pending), by David Berlinski