[XML-SIG] XML in Python 1.6 (PROPOSAL)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 18:32:34 -0400 (EDT)

Greg Stein writes:
 > I've said this before as part of the imputil stuff: the current import
 > mechanism creates a direct mapping between packages and the filesystem.
 > Through the magic of things like imputil, you can break and tweak that kind
 > of behavior/definition.
 >
 > but alas... Python itself, in its current incarnation, demands the 1:1
 > correspondence.

  In its current incarnation, yes.  If however each "pkg" directory
found on the path were added to pkg.__path__, that would be a
substantial improvement.
  The question remains as to whether that's the right thing to do;
maybe, but I'm not entirely convinced, either.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member