[XML-SIG] SAX 2.0 names

01 Mar 2000 11:04:38 +0100

* THOMAS PASSIN

| This sounds much like my original proposal for a nested
| tuple. Perhaps ((localname,uri),prefix).  Lars pointed out that the
| java SAX2 people seem to want the raw name - I'm not convinced since
| you need the namespace to confirm what the localname is supposed to
| mean, not the rawname.  Comparisons are very easy.

Not easy enough, I think.  With a pair or an object you can do

  name1 == name2

but with nested tuples it becomes

  name1[0] == name2[0]

which is both slower and more awkward. So I don't like this solution,
mainly because it's more awkward, and also because it bugs me that
names, in this representation, cannot be compared with == directly.

--Lars M.