[XML-SIG] A first attempt at a SAX 2.0 draft

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sun, 05 Mar 2000 22:31:31 -0700

> * Fred L. Drake, Jr.
> |
> | This is good enough for me.  As long as I can take something
> | sufficiently file-like and parse it, I don't really care if I have
> | to wrap it in an InputSource.  The biggest issue is determining just
> | how file-like something has to be.  ;) Is read() sufficient?
>
> It is for xmlproc, and xmllib/pyexpat doesn't use the object directly,
> so in that case it is up to the driver. sgmlop is probably the same.
> In the Java SAX case one would have to do some trickery, but read()
> should be sufficient in that case as well.
>
> In general I think it should be sufficient, and we probably should
> specify it to be. Any dissenters?

Agreed, as long as we mean 'read' precisely as in the Python standard library.
 The ability to read in chunks as well as the whole thing at a go should cover
the functional needs.

--
Uche Ogbuji
Fourthought, Inc., IT Consultants