[XML-SIG] javadom.py

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:30:13 -0500 (EST)

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com writes:
>Hmm.  I think you'll find yourself between Scylla and Charybdis on this one.
>It was decided on this list that the get_parentNode convention as well as
>straight attribute access would be The Python Way and we changed 4DOM to match
>this.  I think the only reason PyDOM doesn't yet is lack of time.  (Comments,
>Andrew?)

IIRC, the SIG decided to use the mapping that emerges from the Python
CORBA mapping, which would be ._get_parentNode().  Or was this
decision changed later?  See the SIG's archives for November 1999 for
the relevant threads.

PyDOM hasn't been updated because it seems pointless, since it'll be
dropped in favor of 4DOM.  (BTW, send me an e-mail about that; we
should resume discussing how to do the switchover.)

Look, they're carrying the corpses away, ho hum.
  -- Opening line of ENIGMA #5: "Lizards and Ghosts"