[XML-SIG] RAX

Ken MacLeod ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us
03 May 2000 09:58:16 -0500

Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net> writes:

> RAX has been getting many good reviews. I propose it for inclusion
> in the xml-sig as another "higher level" API.

One of the main features of RAX is that it implements a "pull" style
event interface rather than the "push" style interface that SAX
implements currently.

Since that's good for a reason, it may also be good if there were a
version of SAX that _was_ pull-style so that it could be used in
applications like RAX.  In this way, one could stack SAX modules and
filters in a pull-style chain as an alternative to a push-style chain.

  -- Ken