[XML-SIG] RAX

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Wed, 03 May 2000 15:23:25 -0700

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> I agree with this and have been thinking about this for a while, but
> I'm not sure how we would actually implement this. The only XML parser
> we have that supports a pull-style interface is RXP, and I'm not sure
> if we can convert the other interfaces to pull-style interfaces in a
> sensible way (at least not on a level as low as SAX) without storing
> the entire sequence of events.

Sean's pyx does that. Threads are another solution, but not a very
efficient one.

I think that the more performant solution for converting push-style
parsers into pull-style parsers is Stackless Python. It seems to be the
solution to a lot of problems.

It's difficult to extract sense from strings, but they're the only
communication coin we can count on.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/~perlis-alan/quotes.html