[XML-SIG] fast dump/restore of an XML document?

Tue, 16 May 2000 22:42:50 +1000

>>> Lars Marius Garshol wrote
> Well, you can represent the XML document purely as lists, dictionaries
> and tuples. With some access functions it's likely to be at least as
> convenient as the DOM, although harder to learn for new comers.

That's something like what I'm going to be doing, yes.

> You misunderstand the question. For some reason you seem to use XML as
> the underlying data model for your data, rather than to load from XML
> into some application-specific representation and dump from that
> representation and back out.

Ah, I see what you mean - convenience for data interchange. I thought
it would be a nice simple format to store things in, and it would allow
me to switch in and out various tools.

Anthony