[XML-SIG] new sgmlop release (may 28, 2000)

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Sun, 28 May 2000 20:46:10 +0200

(oops. pilot error. please ignore my last mail)

I just posted an updated version of sgmlop to the "staging area" at:

    http://w1.132.telia.com/~u13208596/sgmlop.htm

This release addresses the following issues:

SGMLOP1: SGML files containing text only wasn't properly handled.  the
parser never consumed the last character, not even if the 'close'
method was called (reported by Walter D=F6rwald)

SGMLOP2: Unicode strings (under 1.6) were treated as binary buffers.
In this release, the parser can properly parse 16-bit strings, but the
callbacks get 8-bit UTF-8 strings, not true Unicode strings.  This
will be fixed in a future release.

SGMLOP3: The 'close' method no longer accepts an optional argument.
Use a separate 'feed' call instead.

SGMLOP4: Recursive calls to 'feed' or 'close' (from within a call-
back) could lead to all sorts of weird problems.  This version checks
for this condition, and raises an AssertionError instead.

I'll move it over to the pythonware site later this week.  Please wait
for that announcement before linking to this library.

enjoy /F