[XML-SIG] Help building XML-related Python RPM?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:52:56 -0500 (EST)

Norman Walsh writes:
 > Ok, I admit this is somewhat off-topic, but I'm hoping you'll forgive
 > me. I'm trying to build a binary RPM for a Python XML package (the LT
 > XML[1] package from the HCRC Language Technology Group[2] which is
 > required in order to support the XSV Schema Validator[3], for the
 > curious).

Norm,
  My first reaction is "Why one RPM?" ... this sounds like it should
be two -- the LTXML package, and then the PyLTXML package.  The
PyLTXML package should be a Distutils packge -- Distutils can build
an RPM for you.
  Documentation on making Distutils packages is available at:

	http://www.python.org/doc/current/dist/dist.html

  You might also want to read the installer's documentation for
Distutils:

	http://www.python.org/doc/current/inst/inst.html

  -Fred

--