[XML-SIG] Help building XML-related Python RPM?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 19:54:33 -0500 (EST)

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > I believe the common "solution" to these problems is to ignore
 > them. Is RPM even capable to install files into a dynamically-computed
 > root directory?

  This depends on the packages.  Some RPMs allow you to pass --prefix/
--exec-prefix options, and dependent packages should be installable by
passing the same values for those options.  It does take more work to
create "relocatable" RPMs, and there are some constraints on them.  I
don't remember the details well enough; it would take a bit of
digging.
  I think splitting this into two packages, with the first being
RPM-based and the second Distutils based, makes more sense.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations