[XML-SIG] ANN: 4Suite 0.9.2
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 19:53:22 -0700
ANN: 4Suite 0.9.2
Fourthought, Inc. (http://Fourthought.com) announces the release of
Open source tools for standards-based XML, DOM, XPath, XSLT, RDF
XPointer, XLink and object-database development in Python
4Suite is a collection of Python tools for XML processing and object
database management. An integrated packaging of several formerly
separately-distributed components: 4DOM, 4XPath and 4XSLT, 4RDF, 4ODS
4XPointer and featuring the new 4XLink and DbDOM.
- The 4Suite home page has been moved to
- 4Suite has moved to a derivative of the Apache license.
- 4Suite now workd with Python 2.0 as well as Python 1.5.2. Python
1.6 is not supported, although it might work. Python 1.5.2 support
is expected to be dropped in the next release of 4Suite.
- PyXML 0.6.2 is still required even if you are using Python 2.0
- Changes to the software:
* Introduced 4XLink: A processor to expand XLink attributes
* Introduced DbDom: An alpha Dom implmentaiton on top of 4ODS
* ODS: Improved the test suites to handle more cases and conform to protocol
* cDomlette: added support for methods
* 4RDF: Fixes and improvements to serialization, the back end and the API
* All: Many improvements to the docs
* All: Standardized reader interfaces across DOM implementations
* All: Test with python 2.0
* All: PyXML not needed with Python 2.0
* Many misc optimizations
* Many misc bug-fixes
- We have set up a contest for stories of 4Suite usage. See
More info and Obtaining 4Suite
From where you can download source, Windows and Linux binaries.
4Suite is distributed under a license similar to that of the
Apache Web Server.
Uche Ogbuji Principal Consultant
firstname.lastname@example.org +01 303 583 9900 x 101
Fourthought, Inc. http://Fourthought.com
4735 East Walnut St, Ste. C, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
Software-engineering, knowledge-management, XML, CORBA, Linux, Python