[XML-SIG] Re: [4suite] Python 1.5 support with PyXML 0.6.2/4Suite0.9.2

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:53:24 -0700

"Martin v. Loewis" wrote:

> > Oops here.  I actually tested using PyXML 0.6.1.  I thought I'd upgraded
> > but I was mistaken.
>
> Is there anything that used to work in 0.6.1 that was broken in 0.6.2?
>
> > > I could not find the xml.unicode package in pyxml 0.6.2...
> >
> > And I also forgot that PyXML 0.6.2 is designed for Python 2.0
>
> Not really. It is designed as a superset of Python 2.0, but it still
> provides the same functions under 1.5.2, except that pyexpat won't
> produce Unicode strings.
>
> > If you are using Python 1.5.2, you need PyXML 0.6.1 and if you use
> > Python 2.0, you need PyXML 0.6.2

I guess I got it wrong again.  OK, but if there is no unicode package,
the code 4DOM relied on for conversions in Python 1.5.2 pretty much
breaks, viz

        from xml.unicode.iso8859 import wstring

So what am I still missing?