[XML-SIG] Python 1.5 support with PyXML 0.6.2/4Suite0.9.2

Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:30:48 +0100

> There is an error in the comment of line 3 of the above snippet
> (codecs are only in python2.0), so Python 1.5 will actually execute the
> except statement, and therefore an xml.unicode.iso8859 package seems to be
> required.

It is required if you want Latin-1 output. If you want, say, Latin-2
output, you lose with both releases. If you want UTF-8 output, it
works in both cases.

I could offer a solution restoring the functionality of 0.5.x (if not
the API); provided somebody speaks up and says "yes, I need it, and I
still use 0.5.x because 0.6 does not support Latin-1 output" when used
with 4DOM.

Regards,
Martin