[XML-SIG] Incompatible and bugs

Bastian Kleineidam calvin@cs.uni-sb.de
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:06:46 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I was trying the new PyXML 0.6.2. Currently I am developing with the
0.5.1 version and I have to say that this version is pretty good.

The first thing I noticed was that my programs are not working any more.
A lot of things changed and I am asking you for help:

1) from xml.arch.xmlarch import Prettifier
   from xml.dom.sax_builder import SaxBuilder

   Both classes are vanished. Where are they?
   Ah, I found xml.sax.writer.PrettyPrinter which should be the
   Prettifier, so I am only searching for SaxBuilder.

2) All DOM functions have changed?
   I was formerly using the SaxBuilder class to build a DOM tree.
   Document.get_documentElement() does not exist any more
   Node.get_attributes does not exist
   Node.get_value does not exist
   and so on

   Where can I find those functions?
   It seems that every function has a leading underscore, so its
   now _get_value etc.?

3) The documentation suggests to use xml.dom.ext.reader.Sax2.FromXml,
   but in the source it is marked as deprecated.

   What functions should I use then to build DOM trees? If you mark
   something deprecated you should also write what the new functions
   are.

4) The pulldom.py/PullDOM class has the following bugs:
   a) in function ignorableWhitespace(self, chars):
      the variables 'start' and 'length' are not known
   b) in function endDocument the 'node' variable is accessed
      outside of the for loop and therefore unknown

   In pulldom.py there are several lines commented out
   (self.events.append...). Are they needed? If not, you should delete
   them.

Greetings from Bastian