[XML-SIG] Python 1.5 support with PyXML 0.6.2/4Suite0.9.2

Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:50:18 -0500

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 08:38:56AM -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
>Yes.  I too am trying to clarify the sitruation with the unicode
>package.  Martin von Loewis actually helped with the code you quote, so
>I'm surprised that he is surprised that we should be expecting the
>xml.unicode package to still be in PyXML.

The xml.unicode package was dropped in PyXML 0.6.0 back in September,
so this isn't really news.  That was the major reason for the version
number change; 0.5.x was the last series compatible with Python 1.5.2,
and 0.6.x would require the Unicode type from Python 1.6/2.0.

--amk