[XML-SIG] tools

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:30:26 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Wolfgang Schoeberl wrote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for some (stable) tools in Python to transform XML to
> RTF,PDF or MIF Files. Which tools would you suggest and what are your
> experiences? So far, I haven't been very lucky in finding
> any...However, http://www.garshol.priv.no/download/xmltools/ gives a
> good overview over a lot of tools.

I personnaly know of no such tools in python. However, if python is not
mandatory for what you're looking for, you way want to consider Jade or
Openjade (http://sourceforge.net/projects/openjade/). This is what we use
at Logilab to convert xml docbook files to rtf or dvi ( and then to
postscript or pdf). Framemaker is also supported. It uses DSSSL to process
the xml files.

Alexandre Fayolle
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).
LOGILAB, Paris (France).