[XML-SIG] DOM documentation update

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:11:12 -0700

> As for the presentation itself: As I mentioned earlier, publishing the
> IDL would have the advantage of documenting the type. In the current
> document, the type is not stated for:
>
> parentNode, nodeName, nodeValue, tagName, localName, prefix,
> namespaceURI, name, localName, prefix, data,

Yes, but how to use the IDL to document it without confusing the many non-IDL
users who will be using the docs?

I'd rather we hjust add the type info where you point it out (and anywhere
else), and link to the IDL for advanced users.

> Incorrectly mentioned is namespaceURI for Attr.

???  How is it incorrect?

It would be nice in these descriptions to give short explanations of special
values, such as what a namespaceURI of "" or None means.