[XML-SIG] Moving DOM node hierarchies

Clarence Gardner clarence@netlojix.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:19:53 -0700

Thanks.  I read the references, but my posting was more oriented toward
why the insertion was disallowed in the first place.  Of course, the
people writing the specs put a lot more thought into these things than
I do, but I would think this would come up quite often and they might
have rationalized it.  I was particularly amazed, after coming across
this, that DocumentFragments couldn't even be inserted.  I see in the
spec for Level 2 references to how default attributes are handled between
the two documents, which is certainly an issue.  I guess maybe this was
in fact just overlooked the first time.  Oh well.