[XML-SIG] Re: [Python-Dev] test_minidom non-failure failure? (take 2)

Neil Schemenauer nas@arctrix.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 02:31:34 -0700

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 12:11:53PM -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> I am getting an occasional, hard-to-reproduce error in test_minidom.
> When I run the test, it displays about a thousand lines of garbage,
> but the test suite does not report test_minidom as failed or skipped.
>
> The output I see during the test run is this:
>
> test_minidom
> garbage: [{'nodeValue': u'Obsolete but implemented...', 'nextSibling':

This is most likely the garbage collector.  regrtest.py contains
the following code:

        if findleaks:
            gc.collect()
            if gc.garbage:
                print "garbage:", repr(gc.garbage)
                found_garbage.extend(gc.garbage)
                del gc.garbage[:]

findleaks is true if the -l option is specified (TESTOPS in the
makefile includes it).  Something is producing cyclic garbage.

  Neil