[XML-SIG] the faster way to get a dom.

Wed, 18 Oct 2000 01:26:01 +0200

> Right now you can only specify parser by hacking FromXml or
> influencing saxlib's choice of parser as you say.  It might be
> useful to write some low-level 4DOM readers that don't have to go
> through SAX.  For instance, using sgmlop's low-level interface
> should be _many_ times faster than expat via saxlib.

As a starting point, I'd try using sgmlop through the sgmlop SAX
driver. To achieve that, it would be simplest if the From* methods
took a parser= keyword argument which would allow the caller to
specify a pre-fabricated parser object. This is a small effort and
might reveal whether sgmlop is suitable for building DOM trees or not
(and perhaps fix it if it is not).

Regards,
Martin