[XML-SIG] 1.6 vs. PyXML build question

Bill Bumgarner bbum@codefab.com
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:35:38 -0400

Hi!

	I'm building PyXML on Mac OS X Server against Python 1.6 with dynamic

	Unfortunately, the pyexpat.so includes the symbol _main which
conflicts with the _main symbol in the python executable.   It appears that the
symbol in pyexpat.so is coming from xmlwf.c in that the XML_UNICODE #define is
not defined.

	Maybe it shouldn't be, but one of the side effects is that xmlwf
defines a main() function if that IS NOT defined.... causing the dynamic link
error later.  I redefined main() to wmain() by hand and the system appears to
work as expected.

	b.bum