[XML-SIG] SAX2 in python20b1 usable?

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 23:13:43 -0700

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> The implementation needs to work, too!  Let's optimistically say we
> have a Python 2.1 release nine months after a 2.0 release.  That means
> that every new Python during that time will try to use the builtin XML
> libraries and have problems.

What problems are you referring to? The fourthought guys just went
through a pretty thorough review of minidom and found only a few minor
bugs. In the modules and libraries sections of sourceforge's bug tracker
I see only one listed bug. Expat has hardly changed from the expat that
people have been using productively for years. I don't know of PyExpat
bugs.

Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/homes/perlis-alan/quotes.html