[XML-SIG] XML for Python 2

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:50:08 -0400 (EDT)

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > I'd like to look into updating PyXML so it gets compatible with Python
 > 2. That may not be essential for Python 2.0 itself, but it will serve
 > as a proof-of-concept that the _xmlplus approach really works.

  Actually, we at PythonLabs consider this essential for Python
2.0b2.  If we cannot have an working combination of Python 2.0b2 +
PyXML, the xml package in the standard library should be ripped out
and put on hold until we can offer a working combination.
  And I'd rather this be done for 2.0 than for 2.1.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member