Re[2]: [XML-SIG] SAX2 in python20b1 usable?

Stephan Tolksdorf Stephan Tolksdorf <andorxor@gmx.de>
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:55:07 +0200

Hello Paul,

> I looked into it further this morning and I did find some bugs. Minidom
> uses a slightly different part of the API than some other SAX users might,
> so I wasn't seeing them. I've sent patches in now. I think it would be
> worthwhile to apply them now for immediate use even if Lars is working on
> more far-reaching stuff.

I've seen one patch in the patch-manager that addresses the problem of
initial opening of files with ExpatReader.parse(filname). The patch doesn't
really solve the Problem as ExpatReader's prepareParser still expects a
filename not an opened file which prepareParser gets from IncrementalParser.parse().

Another thing which confuses me is that ExpatReader expects an
interface which is different from handler.ContentHandler
(startElement and endElement have different signatures in pulldom.py and
handler.py). Maybe ContentHandlers inferface isn't uptodate? This is the
source for my original problems...

Best regards,
  Stephan Tolksdorf