[XML-SIG] Uniform interface with Python 2.0

19 Sep 2000 09:33:39 +0200

* Martin v. Loewis

| I'd like to caution that the final release of Python 2.0 is
| scheduled for Oct 6. So I'd rather suggest that only essential work
| is done, instead of trying to 'improve' things significantly.
| Feature-freeze for Python 2.0 was several weeks ago, so only things
| that won't work [as documented :-] may be fixed now.

Well, what is currently in the CVS tree is inconsistent, buggy and
incomplete, and also not what has been agreed upon. So in my opinion
fixing these things is essential, although the changes are not a total
revolution. Much of the code will stay as it is.

| I doubt any significant changes to the xml package will be accepted
| a week before the release.

How do we go about procuring permission to make these changes?

--Lars M.