[XML-SIG] Python package name

Martin v. Loewis martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:22:11 +0200

> Did I miss an email where we decided on a resolution for the package
> naming issue? I don't see any benefit in putting of this decision. I
> will personally have to update a lot of code if we change the name
> so I would like to know as soon as possible.

To my knowledge, there has been no decision yet. There was a criterion
in the spirit '''if xml-sig does not manage to update PyXML, we will
change the package name in Python 2'''. Now, I have updated the
current PyXML to operate on top of 2.0b1 (pending synchronization with
Lars' approved patches), and I plan to release PyXML 0.6 within days.
That voids the precondition of above criterion.

The BDFL may still decide to rename the package, on grounds of the
current add-on approach being a hack and the renaming being a
technical more clean solution. I think everybody's opinion on this
matter is clear, as well, so it's a good time to make a decision :-)