[XML-SIG] Status

24 Sep 2000 21:34:11 +0200

* Lars Marius Garshol

| 101573:
|
|   This has now been updated to no longer break the minidom regression
|   test, which should mean that minidom will survive the application
|   of this patch.

* Martin v. Loewis

| [I was going to comment on attributes not being passed to the handler,
| but that is apparently solved in 101632]

Correct.

| Also, on the pulldom part: Did you have a look at the pulldom in
| current PyXML? I believe it does support namespaces better, which is
| now possible since the namespace API of SAX2 has been determined.

I have not yet had time to look at pulldom.  The version in Python 2.0
does not seem to support namespaces at all, but we should definitely
add that as soon as possible.

I will spend the rest of this evening trying to make SAX as solid as
possible, so I can't do it, but anyone else is more than welcome to
have a go at it.

* Lars Marius Garshol

| 101630:
|
|   Added back the InputSource class, which is referred to many places
|   in doco strings and also needed by 101631.  Added test cases to the
|   SAX test code to exercise it.

* Martin v. Loewis

| I think there has been some debate on the input source class, but so
| be it.

There has.  This is why I made it as a patch.  Since nobody complained
before time was out and it was accepted I have comitted it.

| It just seems that you have broken the ability to pass file objects
| to the parser's parse() methods, right?

That is right.  However, I guess we could extend the current support
to recognize file objects (that is, objects with a 'read' attribute)
and make it support those as well.

Otherwise, you can use InputSource to perform the same functions.

I'll make a patch for this.

* Lars Marius Garshol

| 101631:
|
|   Added back EntityResolver and DTDHandler (which were already
|   referred to in the code in many places) and added support for these
|   to expatreader.py  Test cases added to the SAX test code.

* Martin v. Loewis

| While I can see the others applied, this is not. Why?

Because I am still working on it.  I had not written a regression test
case for it and doing so exposed a flaw in pyexpat.c: although it has
an ExternalEntityRefHandler there is no ExternalEntityParserCreate to
allow one to actually make use of the information provided by the
callback.

I'm working on adding that method now and will try to do so before I
commit this thing.  Advice on whether the method should be added
together with this patch or whether I should make it a separate patch
would be welcome.

--lars M.