[XML-SIG] wstring in PyXml 0.5.5.1

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:04:57 +0200 (CEST)

Alexandre Fayolle writes:
 > I understand everyone is pretty busy here with the code freeze and all,
 > however I'd appreciate if someone could point me to some doc on wstring,
 > or at least tell me how I can convert iso8859-1 to UTF-8.
 >
 > I have not been able to find what to pass to the _to_utf8 function.
You need the "wstring.decode" function (it converts to a wstring
instance, you can convert to "utf-8" afterwards).

From its doc-string:

	Decodes a wide string when given an encoding and a string.
	The encoding must be an alias, a mapping table, a function or
	built-in.
	Optional flags have encoding-dependent semantics.

You use 'ISO_8859-1' to indicate a iso-8859-1 encoding
(ATTENTION: case is significant!).

Dieter