[XML-SIG] Changes in pyexpat.c

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:40:50 +0200

>   Since we're not worrying about pre-2.0 versions, perhaps pyexpat
> should be removed?  It's in the core library, and the only thing that
> PyXML should need to pick it up is the xml.parsers.expat module.

I'd rather leave it, in case people want to enhance it after Python
2.0 is released. Currently, it will be installed only if Python
doesn't come with a suitable pyexpat on its own.

I have also my concerns about the versionitis in the expat library
itself; I'll discuss this later after I gather some more facts.

>   If you still think it needed, I'll take a look Thurday or Friday.

I'd appreciate if you could find the time. The relevant versions are
1.10 and 1.11 of extensions/pyexpat.c.

>   The issue is that Python 2.0b2 will say that 0.6.1 is sufficient.
> I'd like to make that work.  A couple of iterations of testing is
> worth the time it takes.

Definitely. I also just noticed there is a pending bug report on SF
which I'd like to resolve.

Regards,
Martin