[XML-SIG] [Patch #101683] Add 1.5.2 compatibility to PyXML

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:51:43 +0200

> http://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=101683&group_id=6473

These are the minimal changes necessary to support xml.sax and
xml.dom.minidom for Python 1.5.2. They mostly consist of removing
Unicode string literals, and string methods. With the patches, the 2.0
test_sax and test_minidom pass in 1.5.2 (*)

The patch does modify the files that have been just synchronized with
the 2.0 CVS. Please let me know if you think that 1.5.2 compatibility
is not that important to risk forking from Python 2.0; or if you think
that 1.5.2 compatibility is definitely desirable.

I have not tested either xmlproc, or 4DOM, for 1.5.2 compatibility -
just the core functionality that is also in 2.0.

Regards,
Martin

(*) Of course, the test cases would not work unmodified. I had to
remove Unicode literals, and imports of testsupport.