[XML-SIG] [Patch #101683] Add 1.5.2 compatibility to PyXML

Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:30:08 +0200

>   I certainly have no objections to 1.5.2 compatibility.  The Python
> version of these files should be sync'ed to match these files.

I'll submit patches to Python for "uncritical" places (e.g. string
methods). The pyexpat.c chunk probably shouldn't be integrated in
Python - it adds PyModule_AddObject/AddString into pyexpat.c if the
Python version is less then 2.

Then again, pyexpat.c already has a number of #ifdefs for older Python
versions. What is the official policy here? In the Linux kernel,
checking for the Linux kernel version in some driver is considered bad
- the kernel sources should know what kernel version they
are.

>   "testsupport"?  Do you mean test.test_support?  That should be
> portable; nothing in there strikes me as 2.0 specific, and the module
> isn't new.

Oops, my fault. When I moved test_sax/test_minidom out of the Python
tree, the "from test_support import bla" lines would not work anymore
- the correct modification was to write "from test.test_support ...".

Regards,
Martin