[XML-SIG] PyXML 0.6.1 status, demos, tests

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 23:22:54 +0200

I've made a number of changes to PyXML:

- restore building of sgmlop, which is now installed into
  xml.parsers.sgmlop.

- fix bugs in make_parser argument processing; make_parser now
  supports both SAX1/0.5 single-string arguments and SAX2/Python2
  string-list arguments.

- moved escape from xml.utils to xml.sax.saxutils.

I've also updated the demos to work with the current code; in
particular, I have ported demo/genxml to 4DOM. Still not supported are
all sgmlop demos (demo/sgmlop and demo/sax/saxhack), as these always
want to compare with xmllib which is not there, anymore. Any
suggestion what to do with these demos?

The missing piece for a 0.6.1 release is the test suite. Specifically,
the dom tests are not executed, as xml.dom.core is not available
anymore. Should these tests be ported to 4DOM?

It appears that xml/dom/test_suite does not work in the PyXML tree, as
the Ft package is not available. What kind of software is that, anyway?

Regards,
Martin