[XML-SIG] rendering XML trees to HTML

Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 22:43:22 +0200

I'm writing a web app that renders trees of chemical
reactions (spit out as XML) as (.png's embedded in)
HTML <TABLE>s. I don't know exactly how to encode
them yet, but it will be something like this (but
minus length, since this is phylogenetic tree):

	<!ELEMENT trees (tree+)>
	<!ELEMENT tree (branch,branch,branch?,length?)>
	<!ELEMENT branch (node,length?)>
	<!ELEMENT node ((branch,branch)|specie)>
	<!ELEMENT length (#PCDATA)>
	<!ELEMENT specie (#PCDATA)>

Do you know of any code that renders XML as a
HTML table? Maybe even something that will do a
a fair liking of Tk tree widget, producing

	http://archive.eso.org/~abrighto/tree/tree.html

a server-side bitmap?

Being very lazy, I don't feel like reinventing the wheel,
and XML + trees is a rather frequent combination (30+ k
hits on Google). Have any of you ran across any such beast?

TIA,
Eugene Leitl