[XML-SIG] "Borrowed" tests

Clark C. Evans cce@clarkevans.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:18:24 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> I've long had the practice of placing test cases based on bug reports or
> examples provided by others into a "test_suite/borrowed" directory.  I think
> this is useful, and important to distinguish from the "canned" tests.

Your logic here escapes me.  Why would this distinction
be necessary?  It just seems like extra work with no
additional benifit.  As I find bugs in my software I
add it to my regression test, and usually name the
test after the bug.  You could opt for a naming
convention, where "canned" tests start with a "c"
and borrowed tests start with a "b" (for bug)

Clark