[XML-SIG] "Borrowed" tests

Jeremy Kloth jeremy.kloth@fourthought.com
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 10:42:30 -0600

"Martin v. Loewis" wrote:

> > > One of the problems I have with your "borrowed" test cases is that it
> > > is not always easy to tell PASS from FAIL; they just produce a lot of
> > > output. To be useful for a user, a clear pass/fail indication is
> > > necessary.
> >
> > Hmm.  All the 4DOM and 4XSLT tests do indicate pass/fail using the "[OK]" or
> > "[FAILED]" notation we borrowed from Red Hat start-up scripts.
>
> Does that include the files which currently live in /xml/test/dom? I
> run that as 'python test.py', and see no such output. Some of the
> tests end with printing 'foo works', some only write the test name
> (such as

That was a bug in the TestSuite module which was checked into there.
The tests now properly display their status for each test.  One
exception,
the HTML tests were NOT updated to use this method.  They do validate
the
results, however.

--
Jeremy Kloth                             Consultant
jeremy.kloth@fourthought.com             (303)583-9900 x 105