[XML-SIG] XML howto update for Python 2.0?

Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:49:02 +0200

> My question is about the XML howto document, as someone has posted on the
> news group,
> appears to be outdated.  (please refer to this thread:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=saxlib&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rnum=1&seld=970271319&ic=1

The article claims that the howto mentions xml.sax.saxlib.HandlerBase,
but I cannot find any such mentioning. Instead, it uses ContentHandler
in most places, as it should.

> The XML howto (http://py-howto.sourceforge.net/xml-howto/xml-howto.html)
> still documents the usage of xml.sax.saxlib.  When I downloaded Python 2.0
> and began to read the online document, I could not find any related info
> about this package saxlib.

Can you please give the exact URL of the page where saxlib is
mentioned? I cannot find that, either.

> To that end, I am hoping to locate the new howto that utilizes
> xml.sax and xml.sax.xmlreader packages.

How about

http://py-howto.sourceforge.net/xml-howto/node7.html

from xml.sax import make_parser
from xml.sax.handler import feature_namespaces

    parser = make_parser()
    parser.setFeature(feature_namespaces, 0)

The howto does not mention xmlreader, as you'd normally would not need
to use that module.

Regards,
Martin