[XML-SIG] Python Wrapper for Xerces/Xalan

Juergen Hermann Juergen Hermann" <jh@web.de
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 17:02:06 +0200

Hi!

We consider doing a wrapper for Xerces and Xalan as an OS project. One
question is where to host it:

	1. Own SourceForge project
	2. Part of PyXML
	3. Part of Xerces / Xalan projects

3 is unlikely. Option 2 seems not too clever, since installing Xerces
and Xalan are extra steps anyway, and I doubt anyone seriously wants to =

include them in a standard PyXML distribution.

Working title for the project would be "pirxx" (Python InteRface to
Xalan and Xerces, anyone who has read Stanislaw Lem should know where
the name comes from).

Before we really launch this, I also would like to know who's
interested into such a wrapper (I've seen some requests in the past)
and also who would be able and willing to contribute (developers,
documenters, beta-testers, ...).

Ciao, J=FCrgen

--
J=FCrgen Hermann, Developer (jhe@webde-ag.de)