[XML-SIG] How to leave character entities alone

16 Apr 2001 14:55:22 +0200

* Uche Ogbuji

| There was a bug in 4DOM where entities weren't being handled
| properly, but this should now be sorted out.

I'm not convinced that creating EntityReference nodes for entities is
the correct way to handle them. The presence of such nodes is likely
to be surprising to most newbies and to expose bugs in quite a few DOM
applications.

I think the default should be that these nodes are not produced, but
that there may be a flag to for turning them on.

A better fix would be to redesign the way the DOM represents these
nodes, but that is obviously too late now.

--Lars M.