[XML-SIG] SAX parser factories (Was: PyTRaX?)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 01:01:38 -0400 (EDT)

Uche Ogbuji writes:
 > Or should that be
 >
 > urn:factory.pyxml.org:properties:encoding

  Gosh, I wish the W3C would be consistent!  They seem to like URIs
until the next time they write a spec, and then use short strings!
(Look at the DOM: feature names are short strings, DOMBuilder/
DOMWriter properties are short strings... except they want everyone
else to use Java-style reversed domain names.  Sheesh!  That's
pathetic!
  At least the SAX crew didn't start introducing other types of
names.

 > At any rate, looks as if the pyxml.org domain is just a-sitting there.

  Is there any reason we can't use the python.org domain for this?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations